NUMSHOW can convert a decimal number to binary, hexadecimal and octal.
It can also convert a binary string to decimal, hexadecimal and octal.
It can also convert a hexadecimal string to decimal, and octal.
It can also convert an encoded hexadecimal string to ASCII - strings such as '%6B%3D%75%6E%65%73%63' can be converted neatly to 'k=unesc'.
NUMSHOW can also display a formatted table of ASCII values onscreen. Pressing a key will display the ASCII, hex and octal values associated with that keypress. NUMSHOW supports extended keypresses (eg. Home, or Ctrl-Right-Arrow).
NUMSHOW can also benchmark the speed of the computer.
- full BASIC source is provided
- the following points are this program's terms and conditions of use:
- this program is hereafter known as "the Software"
- the Software comes with no warranty and is used at your own risk
- the Software is not (and will never be) complete and as such may behave strangely
- the Software is the copyrighted property of the author
- the Software is freely distributable
- there is a feedback form here
- the Software is shareware - if you like it, please register by sending a cheque or money order for 10 pounds sterling to the following address:
PO Box 2855
United Kingdom W1A 6LW
Registering does two things:
- encourages me, and helps me buy bread, water etc
- lets me email you when I make a new version
The software provided is fully functional however and nothing will happen if you never register. Except I may die, and you may miss out on an important bugfix. :)
Thankyou in advance. If you want me to email you with updates etc., don't forget to include your email address!
A printable form is here.
- run the self-extracting distribution archive
- run NUMSHOW.EXE
Note: NUMSHOW does not require configuration prior to use.
- doesn't directly convert from hex to binary
|1994||0.01||initial development - binary converter only
|1995||0.02||developed ASCII table generator
|1996||0.03||added keypress display, benchmarking tool
|1999||0.04||HTML documentation, EXE distribution
|2000||1.04||combined functionality, upgraded interface, added hex and octal conversion
|2001||1.05||added hexadecimal to decimal conversion, repackaged as self-extracting archive
|2002||1.06||added encoded hexadecimal string to ASCII conversion